Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm a Believer

I didn't really exercise last week. I exerted myself, but not as much as I do by taking a 2.5 mile walk as I did this morning. Holy cannoli I feel so much better today than I did all weekend!


I'm really not an exercise girl. I don't enjoy sweating. You can break into a sweat here in Florida just walking out to the car most of the year. I don't enjoy bouncing or jiggling- boobs or brains. Exercise often gives me a headache. My motto when it comes to exercise has usually been "an object at rest tends to stay at rest."


I'm convinced now, though, that exercise really can play a key role in regulating my mood. So I'm going to have to get creative in March, when it starts heating up around here. Right now the weather is lovely for a long walk around the lake the town is named for. The path has mile markers, which is nice.


Yeah, I know people have said this for years, but this is the first time I've really felt it in my life.

1 comment:

BipolarLawyerCook said...

Stinks, doesn't it? I hate exercising, too, but a half hour spent walking a few days a week can make all the difference. Grumble.