Monday, November 05, 2007

Choo Choo! Chugga Chugga Choo Choo!

I'm attending the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting in Washington, DC. Wow, what an event. There are thousands and thousands of folks attending. The meeting is so big that the Washington Convention Center can't contain it all; some sessions are being held at four nearby hotels.

I'm picking up brochures from various public health schools and getting psyched to take the GRE and apply to some programs. I've decided I'll take the GRE before my next birthday, in March. I definitely have some rusty math skills to refresh, and I am looking forward to the challenge.

It's such a great atmosphere to be in--so many people doing amazing work. I'm most inspired by the students presenting papers--I can be one of those people in a few years!

I'm missing my babies, but feeling refreshed by a few days away with friends.

1 comment:

Suna Kendall said...

Enjoy the conference, and I wish you luck on the GRE. I had to study the math parts a lot, too. Mostly I tutored my boyfriend the English major, who was even worse than me. We both made it into grad school--so can you!