Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Squeeeee!

Pardon me, I was just unleashing my inner 18 year old : ) On Tuesday night I went to see Maroon 5. I fell head over heels in lust for Adam Levine and co a few years ago after seeing the video for This Love. I listened to Songs About Jane at least twice daily for months. It was pretty much the only thing I played on my ipod for the better part of two years (until How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb was released). So, yeah, I was obsessed. Although they toured and toured, I didn't get to see Maroon 5.

Until Tuesday. Squeeeee! I went by myself. My husband was willing to attend with me, but I wanted to be able to sing, dance, and, well, swoon without embarrassing myself in front of him. I danced, I sang, I swoooned. I was so excited when they first came out that I was sort of jittery and out of breath. It was everything I wished for, and then some. It was what I imagined all those hours in the car, listening to SAJ with the volume up high- the music surrounded me, as I danced in my own little world. They played all of the songs from SAJ that I always wanted to hear live, as well as all of the songs I really wanted to hear from their new disc. Every once in a while Adam had this huge, shit-eating grin on his face. He's cocky, but imo he has good reason to be. What fun to see him move all night. Sex on a stick that boy is. Did I just say that outloud?

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

Well, they are all cute. I will have to give them a more intense listen. I am just pouting because I once again didn't get to see Springsteen. His concerts are as close to religious experiences as I get. And he's not even terribly attractive. Hmm, nor is the rest of that band, really. It's just all that music. All those guitars, all those keyboards. Wall o' sound.

I am not so big on the solo work.

nyjlm said...

I go to U2 for my religious experiences. Maroon 5 are my eye and ear candy : )
Yes, love feeling like you're inside the album when at a concert.