So, since Jana invited us to Dream on CAC, I'm going to go ahead and share some dreams.
Sheesh, I've been writing this post for two days- I'm just having a hard time putting some of this out there. Ok, maybe if I start with the practical side it will be easier for me : )
Goal type dreams:
- de-clutter house and help us all be more organized
- do some decorating so that I can feel grown up (and not like a college student who is actually approaching her 10 year reunion)
- do a better job of saving money and managing finances
- take better care of myself: lose weight, exercise regularly, have time for journaling and meditation.
- I had planned to sit the IBLCE exam this summer. I have viewed earning this credential as a step to another dream (will write that one next), but I'm now wondering if I should bother with it. I'm having a terrible time doing things that I want to do lately. So even though I want to take the online courses I need in order to be able to take the exam, I am somehow lacking the get up and go to do it. The early application needs to be postmarked by April 13th, so I have some serious thinking ahead.
- I'm still thinking about applying to a Masters of Public Health program. There are many hurdles. I don't have a medical background, and many of these programs are intended for doctors, nurses, dietitians, etc. Having the IBCLC credential would help. I also need to study and take the GRE- can we say ick! The other hurdle is choosing a program- I don't want to move my family in order to do this. Can I do it long distance? Can I drive to Tampa and attend classes there? How do we manage financially?
- Should I just forget those two ideas and honestly go after becoming a baker?
- Want to do a better job at being present for my children and my husband. I don't get things done, not because I don't have the time, but because instead of doing them I'm hiding. I need to do a better job managing my time.
- Trying to be a more peaceful and positive person.