Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Book Swap

I got a wonderful package from Laura on Saturday. The book Laura chose for me was The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. I love what she wrote about the book in her note to me. She said that when she read this the first time she was awed by the women's relationships to each other and to their bodies. (I'm paraphrasing Laura, hope that is ok!)

I read this book when my first child was about 1.5. It was the first work of fiction I read since he was born. I was so thrilled to get lost in a book again, and I couldn't believe I'd gone so long without reading for pleasure.

I cannot wait to re-read this book! Although my kids are 7.5 and 5 now, I'm back in a bit of a non-fiction rut. I read so many parenting books it will be great to sit down and read The Red Tent. Thank you Laura!

Wendy hasn't gotten my package yet, so I will wait to share about my book choice until she gets it! I will say that I had several books in mind and had a terrible time finally deciding!

No comments: