Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Getting started

Last week I commented about difficulty in getting over reasons to stall on Create a Connection. I'm happy to say that I managed to get started this weekend. On Saturday I worked quite a bit, but felt like I'd gotten nowhere. It was so disheartening to look at the house before I went to bed and see basically the same disorder I'd seen in the morning.

Sunday was full of errands and other things, so I didn't even attempt to continue. I was feeling pretty poorly about my ability to get organized and run a better household.

Monday morning was another day off. I slept in, and my husband brought me breakfast in bed. I got up, energized and feeling optimistic. We all worked together in the family room and made a huge difference. We sorted and organized art supplies, chose some toys to donate, and even cleaned the refrigerator.

We still have a long way to go, but I'm in a better frame of mind to see that it can't all be done on one day, and that it does pay to do what you can, when you can.

No comments: