Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Create a Connection Best and Worst

Best and Worst

1. What's the best place you ever lived? the worst? Best- I'd have to say my hometown, NYC. I'd never lived anywhere else till I moved to Florida when I was 22. Doesn't matter what borough (even Staten Island lol), I love NY. Worst- Altamonte Springs, Florida. This is a town right outside of Orlando. Oh the congestion! Oh the traffic! ick. I'm much happier now that we are in a small town.

2. What's the best place you ever visited on holiday/vacation? the worst? Best- the three times I've visited Italy. I've been to other places that were loads of fun, but Italy is my dream place to live. Worst- probably the time that my husband insisted we go camping in the middle of the summer in Florida. In a tent. I made him drive us home at about midnight because I just could not fall asleep in that heat!

3. What's the best job you ever had? the worst? Gah. I can name worst jobs easily. Probably anything in retail. Yes, there were some rewarding moments but for the most part, just ick.

Best- sigh. I feel compelled to say that my current job is best. It does give me a lot of flexiblity as far as time off, or bringing my kids. I work for my dad, who is a freelance nature photographer. However, I'm helping him live his dream, and I'm not living my own.

The one I loved the best was working on an island researching Common Terns (see question 5 for more details)

4. What's your best talent or ability? your worst? Talent, hmm. I guess a willingness to try new things (usually involving craft or cooking!). I'm determined. Not sure these are talents, but...

worst: being stubborn, moody.

5. What's the best decision you ever made? the worst? Best- although I was terrified, I decided to work as an intern on an island off of Long Island collecting data about nesting birds. Three summers later I met my husband. This experience taught me to take risks. Worst- I really can't think of one. How 'bout a regret instead? I regret being so afraid that my mom would say no that I didn't ask her for $3 to buy a second-hand Barbie town-house at our class fundraiser/garage sale for Unicef in 3rd grade. This memory makes me cry to this day, for many reasons :(


Bonus (so we can end on a positive note!): What's one good thing about you that isn't covered in the questions above, but that you'd like to share with the world? I love to read, I'm very sensitive and empathetic, and have two amazing kids.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

I loved reading your answers! That's so cool about how taking the intern position led to you meeting your husband! And it's cool to me that you mentioned Italy being your best holiday because it's someplace I've never been but really want to go.

Jana B said...

Your husband wanted to CAMP, in mid-summer, in FLORIDA?!!!!!!!!! I would have MELTED!!!! lol

And you love to read... so you have to be an awesome person! READERS ROCK!!!!!!