Thursday, January 18, 2007

C is for Coveting

I'm trying to get my eating habits back under control. So far it is going well. I'm not exactly dieting, but I'm watching portions, not eating non-stop, and trying to figure out why I overeat. I eat when I am bored, upset, anxious, looking for excitement, angry. You name it, I've got plenty of bad reasons for stuffing my face.

I realized this afternoon that instead of finding things to eat, I'm finding things I want to buy. Not just, oh, look at that, how nice, but full-on coveting. Not necessarily stuff I need, no not at all. I hate the feeling that wanting something in that way brings, although I'll admit that I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and the actual purchase.

So far I've held off. Trying to remind myself that my birthday is coming, and that perhaps I can treat myself to something then.

No comments: