Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Carnival of Children's Literature

Anne-Marie at Readable Feast is hosting A Carnival of Children's Literature. The theme is "what are you thankful for in children's literature."
  • I'm thankful for the copy of Harriet the Spy my grandfather gave me in a small brown paper bag.
  • I'm thankful for Mo Willems, the Pigeon, Knuffle Bunny, and the Bus Driver.
  • I'm thankful for Olivia, Lily, and all of the other spunky little girls in picture books.
  • I'm thankful for Charlotte's Web, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, A Wrinkle in Time, and Harry Potter.
Most of all though, I'm thankful that, no matter what parenting mistakes I've made, my children love to read and to be read to. They love books, they love the library, and sharing books with them makes my heart swell to bursting.

No comments: