Thursday, July 05, 2007

GTKY via Birthdays

Groovyholly asks about birthdays at CAC

1) What is your most memorable birthday? Tell us what you remember, your feelings, why it stands out in your mind.


Oooh, this would have to be the year my parents threw me a surprise party! I think I was in 1st grade. My parents got me out of the house by sending me on an errand with my dad. They told me my aunt was going away and wanted me to have my present before my birthday, before she left. We got to her apartment and no one was home. I was *so* disappointed! I couldn't believe my Aunt Ilene would have left before we got there.


I was totally dejected on the way home. Then we opened the front door of our apartment and "SUPRISE"! It was great. And Aunt Ilene, and my gift, were there.


2) What is the best gift you've received for your birthday? Gah. That's a hard one. I probably cherish the notes from my children the most- love that early handwriting! The one gift I totally remember receiving in childhood was actually for Chanukah- a Barbie 'head' that you put makeup on.

3) How do you celebrate July 4 or July 1? We are usually with family. Most years since my first was born we've gone to the Sanibel 4th of July parade with my in-laws. This year my sister and her son (18 mos) came to visit us in FL. Even though the poor little guy had an ear infection he had a fun time with his cousins- and of course it is so much fun for us to get to know him better!


4) What do you value most about where you live? Freedom.
What do you do to show your appreciation? I vote.

No comments: